Workers Compensation

University of Connecticut School of Medicine Residents/Fellows who sustain work related injuries should be treated at the location in which the injury occurred as if they were an employee of that location. Specific handling instructions for each location follow.

Resident/Fellow Procedures:

  1. All residents/fellows should seek immediate medical attention from Employee Health at the facility of injury.
  2. When care cannot be obtained from Employee Health residents/fellows should proceed to the Emergency Department.
  3. All residents/fellows should present their purple UConn SOM/CAHC card confirming they are a resident/fellow at a UConn SOM sponsored GME program.
  4. Notify CAHC (860-676-111